Thursday, June 17, 2010

Read All About It!


After walking around picking up trash for a couple hours, I decided to join the paint crew at the local library, for I have painted a lot in my day. In short, the group was painting the library inside and out. So I grabbed a brush and a bucket of paint and started painting the building. Before long, however, I had a young boy who wanted to help me paint. Initially, I was thinking, "This kid is going to get paint all over the place," but then I warmed up to the idea, so I gave him a brush and showed him how to paint. He then began to enthusiastically paint the library. A few minutes later, another young boy showed up looking to join the painting crew. As such, I got him a brush and showed him what to do. And, before long, another young boy joined us, so I showed him the ropes, and let him paint. After awhile, I went from painter to painting supervisor, as these young men began to paint the building. While they were a bit messy, it was a beautiful sight. For they had taken ownership of the project, and they could tangibly see the difference that they made.

No comments:

Post a Comment